Intro to Robotics Level B is designed to be an open-and-go, electronics and coding course. We strive to provide a low-stress option for instructors teaching STEM courses in a classroom or group setting--even when the instructor has no previous experience with electronics or coding. The course includes lesson videos, step-by-step activity instructions (complete with very detailed photos), and standardized equipment kits.
Intro to Robotics Level B is the second level in our four-level robotics program. Level B lessons build on the skills your students learned in Level A. In Level B they will work with more complex electrical components (including a variety of sensors) and learn to write intermediate-level Python code.
Level B is generally used as an 8-11 week electronics and coding course for high school students. Please note, students must complete Intro to Robotics Level A prior to starting Level B. They will need the skills and equipment from Level A to complete Level B.
If you are looking for a two-semester, one credit, robotics course, click here to read more about Intro to Robotics Complete Course (includes all four levels of the program). Or if you are looking for a one-semester, half credit, electronics and coding course, click here to read more about Intro to Robotics Levels A+B.
GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION
Orders can be placed here on the website but we strongly recommend contacting us for a custom quote prior to submitting a purchase order. We are happy to help you determine the number of student licenses and equipment kits you will need. Please note each web order or institutional purchase order must include the following three line items:
- SKU 310 Level B Base Bundle (Includes an online classroom login for the instructor, 5 student licenses/online classroom logins, and 2 Level B equipment kits)
- SKU 305 Level B Student License (for >5 students)
- SKU 308 Level B Component Kits (for >2 sets of component kits)
Additional order process information can be found in the FAQ's further down this page.
about intro to robotics
Watch Us Build the Robot
Learn More About Intro to Robotics
Real Parts + Real Code = Real Skills
- 65+ Videos, 50+ activities, and an Equipment Kit
- Learn to Work with Complex Electrical Components Including a Variety of Sensors
- Continue to Expand Your Coding Knowledge to Include Functions, Advanced List Commands, Logical Operators, While True Loops, Advanced String Techniques, Try/Except/Finally, and Multithreaded Operations
- Learn to Add an RFID Reader, OLED Screen, I2C Devices, a Keypad, and So Much More to Your Projects
- Work with Analog-to-Digital Conversion
lessons + kit to Teach electronics, coding, and robotics
No Experience Needed
- Learn to Build Circuits with Common Electrical Components
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Programming Language
- Use Your New Skills to Construct a Fully Mobile and Programmable Robot
Staying Home? Build a Robot of Your Own
- Step-by-Step Lessons (we know you've never done this before!)
- Full Parts Kit to Build Your Robot at Home
- Self-Paced Lessons Done on Your Schedule
- Get Your Kids Involved and Learn as a Family
- Help When You Need It! Our Team is Here to Answer Your Questions and Help Get You Back on Track
The Classroom Base Bundle includes an online classroom login for the instructor, five student licenses (including a login for each student), and two sets of equipment kits. Additional student licenses and equipment kits should be purchased to meet the needs of your class or school (please see the FAQs further down this page). The details for access to the online classroom and parts included in the equipment kits are listed below:
- Access to the Level B Online Course via the Intro to Robotics Online Classroom (Level B course includes 65+ videos and 50+ activities)
- 220uF Capacitor x2
- 2200uF Capacitor x1
- Capacitive Touch Sensor x1
- OLED Display x1
- Temperature Sensor x1
- RFID Reader x1
- RFID Tags x2
- Analog-to-Digital Converter x1
- 10k Potentiometer with Knob x1
- Phototransistor x1
- Level Shifting Integrated Circuit x1
- Infrared Obstacle Sensor x1
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor x1
- Jumper Wires (Short Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Female)
- Piezo Speaker x1
- Slide Switch x1
- 3x4 Matrix Keypad x1
- Infrared Line Sensor x1
**Please note, purchase of this course does not include a laptop, tablet, or any other electronic device
The Male model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
The female model is wearing a size M. She's 5.8 feet (178 cm) tall, chest circumference 34.6" (88 cm), waist circumference 27.16" (69 cm), hip circumference 37.7" (96cm).
“Students have learned so much!
As a STEM teacher at a small Christian school, the Level A Robotics course is just what I have been looking for. It is affordable, easy to set up, and fun to learn alongside the students.”
By Kelly B.
"I looked a long time for affordable robotics curriculum to use in my classroom, so this was a godsend. I'm using in a semester class, though I wish I could teach a year long course, as we will not get to levels C and D. Therefore, the class is more of a computer science class than a robotics class at this point. In the future I hope to either offer a second course or teach this as a year-long course. So far, my students have learned a lot and are enjoying the program. Thank you for a great product!"
By Jennifer T.
"I am loving this curriculum. It is easy to follow and very engaging. My students look forward to class each week!"