Intro to Robotics Level B is designed to be an open-and-go, electronics and coding course. We strive to provide a low-stress option for instructors teaching STEM courses in a classroom or group setting--even when the instructor has no previous experience with electronics or coding. The course includes lesson videos, step-by-step activity instructions (complete with very detailed photos), and standardized equipment kits.
Intro to Robotics Level B is the second level in our four-level robotics program. Level B lessons build on the skills your students learned in Level A. In Level B they will work with more complex electrical components (including a variety of sensors) and learn to write intermediate-level Python code.
Level B is generally used as an 8-11 week electronics and coding course for high school students. Please note, students must complete Intro to Robotics Level A prior to starting Level B. They will need the skills and equipment from Level A to complete Level B.
If you are looking for a two-semester, one credit, robotics course, click here to read more about Intro to Robotics Complete Course (includes all four levels of the program). Or if you are looking for a one-semester, half credit, electronics and coding course, click here to read more about Intro to Robotics Levels A+B.
GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION
Orders can be placed here on the website but we strongly recommend contacting us for a custom quote prior to submitting a purchase order. We are happy to help you determine the number of student licenses and equipment kits you will need. Purchase orders should include the following three line items:
- SKU 310 Level B Instructor Set (includes an online classroom login and one set of component kits for the instructor)
- SKU 305 Level B Student License (consumable license, purchase one for each student, includes online classroom access)
- SKU 308 Level B Equipment Kits (purchase one set for every 1-4 students)
about intro to robotics
Watch Us Build the Robot
Learn More About Intro to Robotics
Real Parts + Real Code = Real Skills
- 65+ Videos, 50+ activities, and an Equipment Kit
- Learn to Work with Complex Electrical Components Including a Variety of Sensors
- Continue to Expand Your Coding Knowledge to Include Functions, Advanced List Commands, Logical Operators, While True Loops, Advanced String Techniques, Try/Except/Finally, and Multithreaded Operations
- Learn to Add an RFID Reader, OLED Screen, I2C Devices, a Keypad, and So Much More to Your Projects
- Work with Analog-to-Digital Conversion
lessons + kit to Teach electronics, coding, and robotics
No Experience Needed
- Learn to Build Circuits with Common Electrical Components
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Programming Language
- Use Your New Skills to Construct a Fully Mobile and Programmable Robot
Staying Home? Build a Robot of Your Own
- Step-by-Step Lessons (we know you've never done this before!)
- Full Parts Kit to Build Your Robot at Home
- Self-Paced Lessons Done on Your Schedule
- Get Your Kids Involved and Learn as a Family
- Help When You Need It! Our Team is Here to Answer Your Questions and Help Get You Back on Track
EQUIPMENT KIT CONTENTS
- 220uF Capacitor x2
- 2200uF Capacitor x1
- Capacitive Touch Sensor x1
- OLED Display x1
- Temperature Sensor x1
- Jumper Wires (Short Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Female)
- RFID Reader x1
- RFID Tags x2
- Analog-to-Digital Converter x1
- 10k Potentiometer with Knob x1
- Phototransistor x1
- Level Shifting Integrated Circuit x1
- Infrared Obstacle Sensor x1
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor x1
- Piezo Speaker x1
- Slide Switch x1
- 3x4 Matrix Keypad x1
- Infrared Line Sensor x1
**Please note, purchase of this course does not include a laptop, tablet, or any other electronic device
The Male model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
The female model is wearing a size M. She's 5.8 feet (178 cm) tall, chest circumference 34.6" (88 cm), waist circumference 27.16" (69 cm), hip circumference 37.7" (96cm).
“Students have learned so much!
As a STEM teacher at a small Christian school, the Level A Robotics course is just what I have been looking for. It is affordable, easy to set up, and fun to learn alongside the students.”
By Kelly B.
"I looked a long time for affordable robotics curriculum to use in my classroom, so this was a godsend. I'm using in a semester class, though I wish I could teach a year long course, as we will not get to levels C and D. Therefore, the class is more of a computer science class than a robotics class at this point. In the future I hope to either offer a second course or teach this as a year-long course. So far, my students have learned a lot and are enjoying the program. Thank you for a great product!"
By Jennifer T.
"I am loving this curriculum. It is easy to follow and very engaging. My students look forward to class each week!"