Levels C+D build on the skills learned in previous levels and teach students to work with complex electrical components, write advanced-level Python code, and build a mobile robot from scratch. Along the way, they will learn complementary skills including using a multimeter and remotely controlling the Raspberry Pi and/or robot using a virtual network connection (VNC).
Levels C+D are generally used as a semester-long robotics course for high school students (following the semester-long Level A+B electronics and coding course).
If you are looking for a two-semester, one credit, robotics course, click here to read more about Intro to Robotics Complete Course (includes all four levels of the program).
GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION
Orders can be placed here on the website but we strongly recommend contacting us for a custom quote prior to submitting a purchase order. We are happy to help you determine the number of student licenses and equipment kits you will need. Purchase orders should include the following three line items:
- SKU 400 Levels C + D Instructor Set (includes an online classroom login and one set of component kits for the instructor)
- SKU 401 Levels C+D Student License (consumable license, purchase one for each student, includes online classroom access)
- SKU 402 Levels C+D Component Kits (purchase one set for every 1-4 students)
about intro to robotics
Watch Us Build the Robot
Learn More About Intro to Robotics
Real Parts + Real Code = Real Skills
- Level C contains 18 lessons including 30+ videos and 50+ activities. Level D contains 18 lessons including 20 videos and 45+ activities
- Learn to Work with Complex Electrical Components
- Write Advanced-Level Python Code
- Learn to Use a Multimeter and Enable Remote Control with VNC
- Configure Motors and a Variety of Sensors
- Use a Raspberry Pi Camera to Collect Information and See the World from the Robot's Point of View
- Build a Fully Programmable Mobile Robot
lessons + kit to Teach electronics, coding, and robotics
No Experience Needed
- Learn to Build Circuits with Common Electrical Components
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Programming Language
- Use Your New Skills to Construct a Fully Mobile and Programmable Robot
Staying Home? Build a Robot of Your Own
- Step-by-Step Lessons (we know you've never done this before!)
- Full Parts Kit to Build Your Robot at Home
- Self-Paced Lessons Done on Your Schedule
- Get Your Kids Involved and Learn as a Family
- Help When You Need It! Our Team is Here to Answer Your Questions and Help Get You Back on Track
EQUIPMENT KIT CONTENTS
- Camera and Ultrasonic Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
- Raspberry Pi Chassis Mounting Bracket and Hardware x1
- Motor Drive Integrated Circuit x1
- Small Screwdriver (#2 Phillips) x1
- DC Motor with Wires and Mounting Hardware x2
- Wheel and Tire Assembly x 2
- 6xAA Battery Pack with Velcro Mounting Strips x1
- 9-Volt to 5-Volt Voltage Regulator x1
- Digital Multimeter x1
- Relay Module x1
- Servo Motor x1
- Infrared Obstacle Sensor x2
- Infrared Line Sensor x2
- Audio Amplifier x1
- USB Audio Adapter x1
- Microphone x1
- Camera Mount x1
- Camera Cable x1
- Camera x1
- Speaker x1
- Infrared Receiver x1
- Infrared Remote with Battery x1
- Transistors x4
- Accelerometer x1
- Dual-Color LED 18mm x1
- Screwdrivers x2
- Jumper Wires (Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Male-to-Female)
- Upper Chassis Plate with Breadboard Attached x1
- Lower Chassis Plate x1
- Assorted Chassis Hardware x1
- Rear Caster Assembly with Ball Bearing Wheel x1
- Plastic IR Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor with Plastic Mounting Plate x1
**Please note, purchase of this course does not include a laptop, tablet, or any other electronic device
The Male model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
The female model is wearing a size M. She's 5.8 feet (178 cm) tall, chest circumference 34.6" (88 cm), waist circumference 27.16" (69 cm), hip circumference 37.7" (96cm).
“Students have learned so much!
As a STEM teacher at a small Christian school, the Level A Robotics course is just what I have been looking for. It is affordable, easy to set up, and fun to learn alongside the students.”
By Kelly B.
"I looked a long time for affordable robotics curriculum to use in my classroom, so this was a godsend. I'm using in a semester class, though I wish I could teach a year long course, as we will not get to levels C and D. Therefore, the class is more of a computer science class than a robotics class at this point. In the future I hope to either offer a second course or teach this as a year-long course. So far, my students have learned a lot and are enjoying the program. Thank you for a great product!"
By Jennifer T.
"I am loving this curriculum. It is easy to follow and very engaging. My students look forward to class each week!"