BUILD A ROBOT:RASPBERRY PI + PYTHON COURSE
Intro to Robotics Course: Build a Raspberry Pi + Python Robot
Regular price $489.00
Unit price per
LEARN TO BUILD A ROBOT
- Complete Online Robotics Course Includes 72 lessons, 225+ videos, and 200+ activities and Equipment Kit
- No Experience? No Problem! No Background Knowledge Needed
- Learn Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Electronics and Python Coding Skills
- Learn to Use a Raspberry Pi
- Build a Fully Programmable Raspberry Pi + Python Robot at Home
How It Works
The Equipment Kit Ships to You
Log Onto the Online Classroom for Self-Paced Lessons and Activities
Learn Electronics, Write Python Code, and Use a Raspberry Pi
ROBOTICS COURSE SAMPLE VIDEOS
Intro to Robotics B-13 Sample Lesson Video
Intro to Robotics D-11 Sample Lesson Video
Robot Build Demonstration Video
Preview the Online Classroom Welcome Video
what our users say
“I am halfway through Level B and am very impressed with the excellent quality of electronics instruction! As a retired IT professional and former Computer Science instructor I feel qualified to also evaluate the programming instruction. It is...excellent as well! Both the electronics and programming instruction are easy to follow for students and adults alike and is well-structured in a "one step builds upon another" approach. Highly recommend!”
By Glenn S.
"I would highly recommend this course because it provides excellent written instructions along with quality components. The written material is a wealth of information that is clearly designed to be used as a resource for any future electronics project. I see the written material and the wide range of components to be a worthwhile investment in my robotics future. Additionally, the support line is extremely responsive."
By Jeffrey P.
"This course has been amazing. I decided to purchase it as I have always wanted to learn robotics. I am a mechanical engineer so have a good handle on electrical concepts and can confirm the course notes are excellent. The hardware is conveniently packaged up which streamlines the lessons and the quality of the components seems good with no faulty components so far. I have also had a lot of support from the staff when I've hit a snag. Can't recommend enough."
By Marco N.
lessons + kit to learn electronics, coding, and robotics
No Experience Needed
- Learn to Build Circuits with Common Electrical Components
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Programming Language
- Use Your New Skills to Construct a Fully Mobile and Programmable Robot
Staying Home? Build a Robot of Your Own
- Step-by-Step Lessons (we know you've never done this before!)
- Full Parts Kit to Build Your Robot at Home
- Self-Paced Lessons Done on Your Schedule
- Get Your Kids Involved and Learn as a Family
- Help When You Need It! Our Team is Here to Answer Your Questions and Help Get You Back on Track
What You'll Receive:
- Access to the Online Classroom: Lesson Levels A+B+C+D including 72 Lessons, 225+ Videos, 200+ Activities, Quizzes, and more
- Raspberry Pi Model 3B
- 5 volt Power Supply with AC Adapter x1
- Raspberry Pi Case x1
- Micro SD Card with Adapter x1
- Ribbon Cable x1
- Wedge Assembly x1
- Battery Holder with Wires x1
- Breadboard x1
- LEDs x8
- RGB LED x2
- Resistors 220 Ohm x6
- Resistors 1,000 Ohm x6
- Resistors 10,000 Ohm x6
- Pushbutton Switch x3
- Piezo Speaker x1
- Slide Switch x1
- 3x4 Matrix Keypad x1
- Digital Multimeter x1
- 9-Volt to 5-Volt Voltage Regulator x1
- 6xAA Battery Pack with Velcro Mounting Strips x1
- Wheel and Tire Assembly x 2
- Relay Module x1
- RFID Reader x1
- RFID Tags x2
- Analog-to-Digital Converter x1
- 10k Potentiometer with Knob x1
- Phototransistor x1
- Level Shifting Integrated Circuit x1
- Infrared Obstacle Sensor x3
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor x1
- Infrared Line Sensor x3
- Temperature Sensor x1
- OLED Display x1
- Capacitive Touch Sensor x1
- 220uF Capacitor x2
- 2200uF Capacitor x1
- Audio Amplifier x1
- USB Audio Adapter x1
- Microphone x1
- Camera Mount x1
- Camera Cable x1
- Camera x1
- Speaker x1
- Infrared Receiver x1
- Infrared Remote with Battery x1
- Transistors x4
- Servo Motor x1
- Accelerometer x1
- Dual-Color LED 18mm x1
- Screwdrivers x2
- Jumper Wires (Short Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Female)
- Upper Chassis Plate with Breadboard Attached x1
- Lower Chassis Plate x1
- Assorted Chassis Hardware x1
- Rear Caster Assembly with Ball Bearing Wheel x1
- Plastic IR Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor with Plastic Mounting Plate x1
- Camera and Ultrasonic Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
- Raspberry Pi Chassis Mounting Bracket and Hardware x1
- Motor Drive Integrated Circuit x1
- Small Screwdriver (#2 Phillips) x1
- DC Motor with Wires and Mounting Hardware x2
**Please note, purchase of this course does not include a laptop, tablet, or any other electronic device
The Male model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
The female model is wearing a size M. She's 5.8 feet (178 cm) tall, chest circumference 34.6" (88 cm), waist circumference 27.16" (69 cm), hip circumference 37.7" (96cm).
Learn Electronics + Coding + Robotics at Home
Toy for (not only) adults - I really enjoy it
I have really fun with it!
Excellent Robotic Course
- High Quality - Well packaged - Great Robotic Course .
This was a nice transition from watching my son work with Legos and Toys when he was younger, to combining his math skills, building skills, and now coding skills with 42 Electronics Programs. It is easy to follow, fun to do, and the site is user friendly. Hands down the best electronics curriculum for students! Congratulations on developing a fun, safe, and educational program!
Grandson Loves the training course
My grandson has only gotten through a few of the actual circuit lessons, I will have more to update as we get farther in the course. My Grandson is 12 and he has an easy time going through the lessons as self study and he is enjoying it and says it is easy to follow. He tells me he has setup the LED circuit and the jumper wire so far. He really likes the breadboard. My grandson figured out how to set up games on PI because he wanted the game Minecraft and I figured it would be great if he learned some basic electronics and programming....he'll do amazing things, I am sure. I will have more updates as we move through the course. This is a wonderful training kit and I highly recommend it for adults and children above the age of 8. I am an electrical engineer, and it is hard for me to teach beginners, but this course is perfect for a beginner of most any age.
Best Kit/Class ever
I love your "Intro to Robotics Course: Build a Raspberry Pi + Python Robot". The lessons are very detailed. And the combination of video and reading was really good. I had a few problems and Eric was alway available for email questions (not sure he sleeps). I have just started going through it for the second time. Thank you so much. Two thumbs up
Time Well Spent
I have almost completed Level A of the four level program, A through D. At this time I can say that Level A is presented in a clear chronological comprehensive manner, both in video, print and hands-on applications. I would recommend this product.
So far so good.
We just started and it has been positive. We had a little trouble and Eric was quick to respond. Thank you Eric. We were unable to get light to turn purple but it did light up. We think we may be color blind. My son really likes it so far; he trouble shoots everything himself. I was worried about him doing it as he is only 12 but he has taken stem classes since he was 10 and we were running out of classes(AP CS is only thing left in his curriculum and I think 12 too young). We are only on level A but he is doing well and says he understands everything. I'll give a review when we reach each level. I'm uncomfortable giving a recommendation since we haven't finished but at this point it's a yes.
So far, my daughter has enjoyed the first few lessons. She said it was recommended to get an anti-static mat which we now have, she has just closed out the first semester of her sophomore year in high school and is planning to really get into this kit over the holiday break. This kit was bought as a gift for my daughter by Dave Kaplan, he keeps getting the review requests, any way those could be rerouted to my daughter to enter her personal reviews? Thanks Steven Winters email@example.com
Review of Levels A & B (so far)
Almost everything has been great with the course. The lessons and exercises are well-paced, informative, and delivered in a friendly and inviting manner. I had previous electronics and programming experience, so the first lessons were very easy for me, but still informative, and worthwhile as preparation for the more advanced lessons. I think a good balance has been struck between the amount of theory and practical experience. My only real issue has been something outside of the coursework per se: Some of the GPIO pins on my Raspberry Pi do not work. I've been meaning to test every pin for both input and output, but haven't gotten around to it. So far, I know that GPIO pin 27 output doesn't work, and pin 13 input doesn't work. So far, I've been able to work around this, but I'm not sure if any future libraries might use dedicated pins. (I have another Raspberry Pi, and have followed ESD precautions, etc., so I'm pretty sure this is how the Pi arrived.) Great job on the course so far! I'm almost done with Level B and will continue.
Best way to learn Python!
The course is well thought out. Everything I need to complete the lessons and activities are included. The Instructor's instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Anything you missed, you can always replay the videos and there is also a backup PDF which comes in handy. I love this course, I will get more if they come up with other stuff.