BUILD A ROBOT:RASPBERRY PI + PYTHON COURSE
LEARN TO BUILD A ROBOT
- Complete Online Robotics Course Includes 72 lessons, 225+ videos, and 200+ activities and Equipment Kit
- No Experience? No Problem! No Background Knowledge Needed
- Learn Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Electronics and Python Coding Skills
- Learn to Use a Raspberry Pi
- Build a Fully Programmable Raspberry Pi + Python Robot at Home
ROBOTICS COURSE SAMPLE VIDEOS
Intro to Robotics B-13 Sample Lesson Video
Intro to Robotics D-11 Sample Lesson Video
Robot Build Demonstration Video
Preview the Online Classroom Welcome Video
what our users say
“I am halfway through Level B and am very impressed with the excellent quality of electronics instruction! As a retired IT professional and former Computer Science instructor I feel qualified to also evaluate the programming instruction. It is...excellent as well! Both the electronics and programming instruction are easy to follow for students and adults alike and is well-structured in a "one step builds upon another" approach. Highly recommend!”
By Glenn S.
"I would highly recommend this course because it provides excellent written instructions along with quality components. The written material is a wealth of information that is clearly designed to be used as a resource for any future electronics project. I see the written material and the wide range of components to be a worthwhile investment in my robotics future. Additionally, the support line is extremely responsive."
By Jeffrey P.
"This course has been amazing. I decided to purchase it as I have always wanted to learn robotics. I am a mechanical engineer so have a good handle on electrical concepts and can confirm the course notes are excellent. The hardware is conveniently packaged up which streamlines the lessons and the quality of the components seems good with no faulty components so far. I have also had a lot of support from the staff when I've hit a snag. Can't recommend enough."
By Marco N.
lessons + kit to learn electronics, coding, and robotics
No Experience Needed
- Learn to Build Circuits with Common Electrical Components
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Programming Language
- Use Your New Skills to Construct a Fully Mobile and Programmable Robot
Staying Home? Build a Robot of Your Own
- Step-by-Step Lessons (we know you've never done this before!)
- Full Parts Kit to Build Your Robot at Home
- Self-Paced Lessons Done on Your Schedule
- Get Your Kids Involved and Learn as a Family
- Help When You Need It! Our Team is Here to Answer Your Questions and Help Get You Back on Track
What You'll Receive:
- Access to the Online Classroom: Lesson Levels A+B+C+D including 72 Lessons, 225+ Videos, 200+ Activities, Quizzes, and more
- Raspberry Pi x1
- 5 volt Power Supply with AC Adapter x1
- Raspberry Pi Case x1
- Micro SD Card with Adapter x1
- Ribbon Cable x1
- Wedge Assembly x1
- Battery Holder with Wires x1
- Breadboard x1
- LEDs x8
- RGB LED x2
- Resistors 220 Ohm x6
- Resistors 1,000 Ohm x6
- Resistors 10,000 Ohm x6
- Pushbutton Switch x3
- Piezo Speaker x1
- Slide Switch x1
- 3x4 Matrix Keypad x1
- Digital Multimeter x1
- 9-Volt to 5-Volt Voltage Regulator x1
- 6xAA Battery Pack with Velcro Mounting Strips x1
- Wheel and Tire Assembly x 2
- RFID Reader x1
- RFID Tags x2
- Analog-to-Digital Converter x1
- 10k Potentiometer with Knob x1
- Phototransistor x1
- Level Shifting Integrated Circuit x1
- Infrared Obstacle Sensor x3
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor x1
- Infrared Line Sensor x3
- Temperature Sensor x1
- OLED Display x1
- Capacitive Touch Sensor x1
- 220uF Capacitor x2
- 2200uF Capacitor x1
- Audio Amplifier x1
- USB Audio Adapter x1
- Microphone x1
- Camera Mount x1
- Camera Cable x1
- Camera x1
- Speaker x1
- Infrared Receiver x1
- Infrared Remote with Battery x1
- Transistors x4
- Relay Module x1
- Servo Motor x1
- Accelerometer x1
- Dual-Color LED 18mm x1
- Screwdrivers x2
- Jumper Wires (Short Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Female)
- Upper Chassis Plate with Breadboard Attached x1
- Lower Chassis Plate x1
- Assorted Chassis Hardware x1
- Rear Caster Assembly with Ball Bearing Wheel x1
- Plastic IR Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor with Plastic Mounting Plate x1
- Camera and Ultrasonic Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
- Raspberry Pi Chassis Mounting Bracket and Hardware x1
- Motor Drive Integrated Circuit x1
- Small Screwdriver (#2 Phillips) x1
- DC Motor with Wires and Mounting Hardware x2
**Please note, purchase of this course does not include a laptop, tablet, or any other electronic device
The Male model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
The female model is wearing a size M. She's 5.8 feet (178 cm) tall, chest circumference 34.6" (88 cm), waist circumference 27.16" (69 cm), hip circumference 37.7" (96cm).
Learn Electronics + Coding + Robotics at Home
Best Kit/Class ever
I love your "Intro to Robotics Course: Build a Raspberry Pi + Python Robot". The lessons are very detailed. And the combination of video and reading was really good. I had a few problems and Eric was alway available for email questions (not sure he sleeps). I have just started going through it for the second time. Thank you so much. Two thumbs up
Time Well Spent
I have almost completed Level A of the four level program, A through D. At this time I can say that Level A is presented in a clear chronological comprehensive manner, both in video, print and hands-on applications. I would recommend this product.
So far so good.
We just started and it has been positive. We had a little trouble and Eric was quick to respond. Thank you Eric. We were unable to get light to turn purple but it did light up. We think we may be color blind. My son really likes it so far; he trouble shoots everything himself. I was worried about him doing it as he is only 12 but he has taken stem classes since he was 10 and we were running out of classes(AP CS is only thing left in his curriculum and I think 12 too young). We are only on level A but he is doing well and says he understands everything. I'll give a review when we reach each level. I'm uncomfortable giving a recommendation since we haven't finished but at this point it's a yes.
So far, my daughter has enjoyed the first few lessons. She said it was recommended to get an anti-static mat which we now have, she has just closed out the first semester of her sophomore year in high school and is planning to really get into this kit over the holiday break. This kit was bought as a gift for my daughter by Dave Kaplan, he keeps getting the review requests, any way those could be rerouted to my daughter to enter her personal reviews? Thanks Steven Winters firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of Levels A & B (so far)
Almost everything has been great with the course. The lessons and exercises are well-paced, informative, and delivered in a friendly and inviting manner. I had previous electronics and programming experience, so the first lessons were very easy for me, but still informative, and worthwhile as preparation for the more advanced lessons. I think a good balance has been struck between the amount of theory and practical experience. My only real issue has been something outside of the coursework per se: Some of the GPIO pins on my Raspberry Pi do not work. I've been meaning to test every pin for both input and output, but haven't gotten around to it. So far, I know that GPIO pin 27 output doesn't work, and pin 13 input doesn't work. So far, I've been able to work around this, but I'm not sure if any future libraries might use dedicated pins. (I have another Raspberry Pi, and have followed ESD precautions, etc., so I'm pretty sure this is how the Pi arrived.) Great job on the course so far! I'm almost done with Level B and will continue.
Best way to learn Python!
The course is well thought out. Everything I need to complete the lessons and activities are included. The Instructor's instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Anything you missed, you can always replay the videos and there is also a backup PDF which comes in handy. I love this course, I will get more if they come up with other stuff.
so far good, true amateur with programming, enjoy it so much i have to set a time to shut it off and do other my work.
Great Product/Outstanding teachin
Congratulations on an excellent product. It has met my needs and tics all the boxes on format, clarity, progressive instruction, quality of materials, organization of material, cautions...
I am half way through module A, about to start working with the Raspberry Pi. The presentations so far are great - thorough but straight forward explanations.
Intro to Robotics Complete Course: Build a Raspberry Pi + Python Robot
This course is great. I have had some electronics back ground but it is great to get a refresher on some of this and the points that I did not know was great