Ready to build a robot? The Level D self-paced, online course is the final level of lessons. Our program is designed to start at the very beginning and systematically teach you electronics, programming, and then how to combine those skills to build a functional robot. Along the way you'll learn how to use common electrical components, read schematics, troubleshoot, and craft every line of computer code. The online Level D lessons build on the electronics and coding skills you learned in Level A+B+C lessons and contains 18 lessons including 20 videos and 45+ activities to guide you through constructing your own mobile robot.
Looking to teach a class? Click here for more information on our classroom sets.
Sample Lesson Videos
Intro to Robotics D-2 Sample Lesson Video
Intro to Robotics D-11 Sample Lesson Video
Intro to Robotics D-16 Sample Lesson Video
Preview the Online Classroom Welcome Video
about intro to robotics
Build a Fully Mobile Robot at Home
Example Project from Level C: Working with Servos
Real Parts + Real Code = Real Skills
- 20 Videos, 45+ Activities, and an Equipment Kit
- Learn to Use a Multimeter (included in kit)
- Construct the Robot Chassis and Configure the Motors
- Learn to Control the Robot Remotely via VNC Access
- Add and Configure a Range of Sensors, Speaker, Camera, etc.
- Set Up Keyboard Control of the Robot While Accounting for Focus, Keypress, and Repeat Rate Issues
- Build a Webpage and Use CGI Scripts to Control the Robot Remotely and Send Back Video from the Robot
lessons + kit to learn electronics, coding, and robotics
No Experience Needed
- Learn to Build Circuits with Common Electrical Components
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Programming Language
- Use Your New Skills to Construct a Fully Mobile and Programmable Robot
Staying Home? Build a Robot of Your Own
- Step-by-Step Lessons (we know you've never done this before!)
- Full Parts Kit to Build Your Robot at Home
- Self-Paced Lessons Done on Your Schedule
- Get Your Kids Involved and Learn as a Family
- Help When You Need It! Our Team is Here to Answer Your Questions and Help Get You Back on Track
- Access to the Online Classroom: Level D Lessons including 20 Videos and 45+ Activities)
- Digital Multimeter x1
- 9-Volt to 5-Volt Voltage Regulator x1
- 6xAA Battery Pack with Velcro Mounting Strips x1
- Wheel and Tire Assembly x 2
- DC Motor with Wires and Mounting Hardware x2
- IR Obstacle Sensor x2
- IR Line Sensor x2
- Camera and Ultrasonic Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
- Raspberry Pi Chassis Mounting Bracket and Hardware x1
- Motor Drive Integrated Circuit x1
- Small Screwdriver (#2 Phillips) x1
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor with Plastic Mounting Plate x1
- Jumper Wires (Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Male-to-Female)
- Upper Chassis Plate with Breadboard Attached x1
- Lower Chassis Plate x1
- Assorted Chassis Hardware x1
- Rear Caster Assembly with Ball Bearing Wheel x1
- Plastic IR Sensor Mounting Hardware x1
**Please note, purchase of this course does not include a laptop, tablet, or any other electronic device
The Male model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
The female model is wearing a size M. She's 5.8 feet (178 cm) tall, chest circumference 34.6" (88 cm), waist circumference 27.16" (69 cm), hip circumference 37.7" (96cm).
“I would highly recommend this course because it provides excellent written instructions along with quality components. The written material is a wealth of information that is clearly designed to be used as a resource for any future electronics project. I see the written material and the wide range of components to be a worthwhile investment in my robotics future. Additionally, the support line is extremely responsive”
By Jeffrey P.
"I had no electronics experience at the beginning of this course but I appreciate the fact that (1) everything was clear, and (2) it worked as advertised. I now have have a great foundation to delve further into robotics/electronics world. Educational and fun experience."
By Paul H.
"Fills a huge void in accessible, working knowledge. Worth every penny and then some. You can not obtain this knowledge at any university. Appropriate for ANYONE at virtually any age seeking knowledge. My son loved it. I am grateful for the knowledge, as well."