Intro to Robotics Levels A+B are the first two levels in a four-level robotics program. Level A+B lessons start at the very beginning and systematically teach students to work with common electrical components to build circuits, write code in Python, and use a Raspberry Pi. Along the way they will learn how to read schematics, troubleshoot, and control the circuits they build with the Python code they write themselves.
Levels A+B are generally used as a semester-long electronics and coding course for high school students or as a two-semester course for advanced middle school students.
GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION
Orders can be placed here on the website but we strongly recommend contacting us for a custom quote prior to submitting a purchase order. We are happy to help you determine the number of student licenses and equipment kits you will need. Purchase orders should include the following three line items:
- SKU 323 Levels A+B Instructor Set (includes an online classroom login and one set of component kits for the instructor)
- SKU 322 Levels A+B Student License (consumable license, purchase one for each student, includes online classroom access)
- SKU 324 Levels A+B Equipment Kits (purchase one set for every 1-4 students)
about intro to robotics
Watch Us Build the Robot
Learn More About Intro to Robotics
Real Parts + Real Code = Real Skills
- Level A contains 18 lessons including 70+ videos and 45+ activities. Level B contains 18 lessons including 60+ videos and 55+ activities.
- Learn to Work with Electrical Components and Build Circuits
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Language
- Learn to Troubleshoot, Read Schematics, and More
lessons + kit to Teach electronics, coding, and robotics
No Experience Needed
- Learn to Build Circuits with Common Electrical Components
- Use a Raspberry Pi
- Write Code in Python--the Fastest Growing Computer Programming Language
- Use Your New Skills to Construct a Fully Mobile and Programmable Robot
Staying Home? Build a Robot of Your Own
- Step-by-Step Lessons (we know you've never done this before!)
- Full Parts Kit to Build Your Robot at Home
- Self-Paced Lessons Done on Your Schedule
- Get Your Kids Involved and Learn as a Family
- Help When You Need It! Our Team is Here to Answer Your Questions and Help Get You Back on Track
EQUIPMENT KIT CONTENTS
- Raspberry Pi x1
- 5 volt Power Supply with AC Adapter x1
- Raspberry Pi Case x1
- Micro SD Card with Adapter x1
- Ribbon Cable x1
- Wedge Assembly x1
- Battery Holder with Wires x1
- Breadboard x1
- Capacitive Touch Sensor x1
- 220uF Capacitor x2
- 2200uF Capacitor x1
- RGB LED x2
- RFID Reader x1
- RFID Tags x2
- Analog-to-Digital Converter x1
- 10k Potentiometer with Knob x1
- Phototransistor x1
- Level Shifting Integrated Circuit x1
- Infrared Obstacle Sensor x1
- Ultrasonic Range Sensor x1
- Infrared Line Sensor x1
- Temperature Sensor x1
- OLED Display x1
- LEDs x8
- Jumper Wires (Short Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Male)
- Jumper Wires (Long Male-to-Female)
- Resistors 220 Ohm x6
- Resistors 1,000 Ohm x6
- Resistors 10,000 Ohm x6
- Pushbutton Switch x3
- Piezo Speaker x1
- Slide Switch x1
- 3x4 Matrix Keypad x1
**Please note, purchase of this course does not include a laptop, tablet, or any other electronic device
The Male model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
The female model is wearing a size M. She's 5.8 feet (178 cm) tall, chest circumference 34.6" (88 cm), waist circumference 27.16" (69 cm), hip circumference 37.7" (96cm).
“Students have learned so much!
As a STEM teacher at a small Christian school, the Level A Robotics course is just what I have been looking for. It is affordable, easy to set up, and fun to learn alongside the students.”
By Kelly B.
"I looked a long time for affordable robotics curriculum to use in my classroom, so this was a godsend. I'm using in a semester class, though I wish I could teach a year long course, as we will not get to levels C and D. Therefore, the class is more of a computer science class than a robotics class at this point. In the future I hope to either offer a second course or teach this as a year-long course. So far, my students have learned a lot and are enjoying the program. Thank you for a great product!"
By Jennifer T.
"I am loving this curriculum. It is easy to follow and very engaging. My students look forward to class each week!"
By Jeff L.
Teach Electronics + Coding + Robotics
CLASSROOM SET FAQ
My experience so far has been good. The review questions at the end of each lesson are good way to confirm students understanding of what has been recently discussed. The activities are a little slow at times for my HS students but they are appreciating learning the steps as we progress in the course. I know there are "optional" ways for testing but it would be nice if at the end of 2 or 3 chapters there was a cumulative test provided. Other than that one suggestion I have been very happy with the program thus far.
I looked a long time for affordable robotics curriculum to use in my classroom, so this was a godsend. I'm using in a semester class, though I wish I could teach a year long course, as we will not get to levels C and D. Therefore, the class is more of a computer science class than a robotics class at this point. In the future I hope to either offer a second course or teach this as a year-long course. So far, my students have learned a lot and are enjoying the program. Thank you for a great product!
I am loving this curriculum. It is easy to follow and very engaging. My students look forward to class each week!